According to Statista, there are over one million lawyers in the United States. Another report states that 46,887 law firms are in the U.S. as of 2022, an increase of 0.7% from 2021. These numbers show that you must do all you can to stay relevant and compete with those in your specialty.
Having a solid marketing plan is one way to stay visible and reach your target clients. But, what type of advertisement does your firm need? This article discusses the different types of marketing for law firms. At EverConvert, we offer different digital marketing services to law firms to help them achieve their business goals.
What Are the Different Types of Law Firm Marketing Tactics?
Below are five different marketing tactics for lawyers.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Many people look for lawyers to represent them on their own. One of the ways they are resorting to is online searches. As such, law firms do not only need to get online, but they need to stay visible. Search engine optimization makes this possible.
If you develop a foolproof SEO tactic, you’ll increase your firm’s positions on search engine result pages. For example, if you can make it to the top 3 organic results on Google, you get 75% of the clicks. SEO is crucial because the more visibility you have, the greater the likelihood of staying on your potential clients’ minds.
While search engine optimization is indeed extremely beneficial, it won’t be very effective when you use general searches. The latter won’t help potential clients find you, especially if you are a small or new firm. This is where local search comes in.
So, assuming you practice in Atlanta, Georgia, your local SEO should target residents of Atlanta and its environs. You’ll optimize your firm’s ranking in local results by doing this. In addition, you can add these local SEO tactics to your marketing plan:
- Create a Google My Business page to show up in local search results and it should include your law firm’s contact information, photos, and website link.
- Add local keywords to your website to help improve your ranking. E.g., if you are a personal injury lawyer in Atlanta, have something like “Atlanta personal injury attorneys” on your site.
- Be consistent with your name, address, and phone data (NAP). It should be the same on your website and social media platforms.
- Get backlinks from other reputable websites. It enhances your firm’s search ranking and builds your site’s online authority.
- Generate client reviews to build your law firm’s reputation. Add genuine, authentic reviews to your Google My Business page.
SEO is a great way to generate organic clicks, but paid online search advertising can also bring you, potential clients. There are two popular types of search advertising:
- Pay-per-Click (PPC): PPC allows you to create an online marketing campaign where you pay a set amount of money every time an online visitor clicks on your ad. This method costs money but is effective for increasing website traffic.
- Google Advertising: You can choose to go with a pay-per-click Google Ads campaign. But this largely depends on your practice area. Our digital marketing experts can help you learn why this is a viable choice for your firm.
Law Firm Website
Your firm’s website is a powerful tool and must be given attention. As such, before you start making plans to drive traffic to your site, ensure:
- It is easy to navigate and accessible
- It is mobile friendly
- It is search engine optimized
The best leads can come from your firm’s website if done right. If people like what they see at the landing or homepage, they’ll want to know more. But if your site is clunky, unattractive, and hard to navigate, they will leave without giving it a second thought.
Another powerful marketing tactic for law firms is social media. In 2021, there were 4.48 billion people actively using social media worldwide, and this is an increase of 13.13% year-on-year from 3.69 billion in 2020. That same year, the United States recorded 6.9 million new users.
Therefore, social media is a powerful marketing tool and offers your firm the following benefits:
- A wider reach with very little financial investment
- A platform to build community and brand authority
- A platform for your clients and prospects to find and interact with your firm online
Consult With Us Today!
Choosing the right type of marketing for your law firm may be hard. But you can count on our team of experts at EverConvert. We will listen to you, assess your firm, and develop the best marketing tactic for your firm. Contact us today.