Our digital marketing agency recommends video marketing for law firms as one of the most effective ways to increase brand awareness and attract more clients. Not everyone has the patience to read articles. Plus, language barriers can stop some potential clients from understanding complex legal terms written in them.
But everyone can understand a topic presented in a video, accompanied by animations, captions, and explanatory charts. While an article will often be abandoned completely if the reader does not have the time to read it in one sitting, many people are in the habit of pausing a video and continuing to watch it later.
Here are a few tips for an effective video marketing strategy for your law firm.
1. Use a Conversational Tone
A video is not a press release or a statement. You must plan and execute it as one side of a conversation with your audience. To do that, practice the script with someone – a colleague in your law firm, for example. It is even better if you find a friend or acquaintance with no connections to the legal field.
If they can understand the main topic of your video and appear engaged throughout your read-out, then you have achieved the right approach. To do this:
- Use everyday language and avoid legal jargon.
- If you must use legal terms, offer a simple explanation anyone can understand.
- Anticipate questions your audience will have about a topic.
- Frame the script around answering those questions.
2. Humanize Your Law Firm by Showcasing Your Team
Create video profiles for your lawyers. These are even more effective than a written author bio. Most potential clients will read the main details about their educational background and experience.
But watching the videos where each attorney introduces himself or herself gives them the chance to understand their personality. It gives them a peek at what they can expect during the initial appointment. Thus, they can choose whom they are most comfortable talking to and presenting their case.
3. Provide Educational Content in Video Form
Video marketing for law firms must include helpful and educational content, such as:
- How to obtain a copy of the car accident report
- How to fill in a work injury report form
- What documents to bring to the first appointment with a lawyer.
These videos help a potential client prepare for the free case review and avoid making mistakes that may hurt their claim.
4. Use Video Testimonials From Clients
Besides requesting client testimonials on Facebook and Google, it’s an excellent idea to use video testimonials from clients on various platforms such as your blog, website, YouTube channel, and more (with proper consent, of course!).
Encourage clients to share their experiences, why they would recommend your services to others, and how your law firm has helped them. However, it’s important to ensure that the testimonial videos don’t come across as overly scripted.
5. Choose the Right Video Length for Each Platform
Video marketing does not mean only videos posted on your law firm’s website. They are just a small part of the types of videos you should create. The most effective platforms for sharing your videos are social networks.
And, according to video sharing platform Vimeo, each social media platform has its specific video length to guarantee maximum engagement. Here are some examples:
- Facebook – between 15 seconds and 3 minutes
- Instagram – 1 to 7 slides for IG Stories, maximum 60 seconds for grid video, and 2 to 5 minutes for IGTV
- X (formerly Twitter) – 43-45 seconds
- LinkedIn – maximum 30 seconds
- YouTube – between 3 and 15 minutes.
EverConvert Provides Quality Video Marketing for Law Firms
Creating videos is simpler than ever, thanks to powerful smartphones and editing apps. It is even simpler if you let the EverConvert team plan your strategy, create scripts, and assist you during video production.
We know everything about video marketing for law firms and the results speak for themselves. We have helped many law firms like yours find new clients and become more profitable.
So get in touch with EverConvert today and schedule an initial appointment to evaluate your digital marketing needs!